SELECT A BOUTIQUE HOTEL
RESERVE THIS HOTEL
TREE OF DESTINATIONS
Hostal Spa Empúries, Costa Brava
|Platja del Portitxol, s/n, L'Escala, 17130, Costa Brava, Girona, Catalonia, SPAIN.|
Description: Hostal Spa EmpúriesHostal Empúries is a sustainable and caring lodging house in the heart of the Costa Brava in Spain. Its exceptional location is beside the ruins of the first Greek settlement on the Iberian Peninsula and overlooking one of the most beautiful beaches in Catalonia. Hostal Empúries is always striving to offer a stay unlike any other whilst respectfully interacting with the natural surroundings. Services and buildings at Hostal Empúries are integrated with the biological cycle of the unique natural environment.
With its clean, authentic period design, its historic form and meaning conserved, Hostal Empúries offers a perfect opportunity to rest the body and soothe the spirit in fully modernized interiors and facilities. Enjoy the wellness center, organic restaurants, green initiatives, children's area and solidarity programme.
With a long history of hospitality, the main building was built to accommodate the archaeologists who had come to excavate the nearby Greek and Roman ruins discovered in the early 1900's. As with great monasteries and other historic buildings, this unique hotel was constructed in stages and by different hands, but still enjoys the same wonderful maritime seclusion as it did the day the first stone was laid at the beginning of the last century.
Type of rooms: Hostal Spa Empúries27 Double Rooms
19 Family Rooms (3 - 4 people max.)
Additional information: Hostal Spa Empúries
Special offer April 14 to May 2 (Sunday to Thursday)
Spa Double Room + breakfast
90 euro per night
Dining: The two dining areas at Hostal Empúries offer two different approaches to a meal but with one thing in common: high quality and responsible consumption based on organic produce. A large part is grown on site or bought from local organic producers. All produce complies with organic standards of responsibility, such as control of CO2 emissions, the use of chemical pesticides or stress on transported livestock, among others. The philosophy in both dining areas is to control quality from source to table, in other words, to guarantee the complete traceability of the produce. The Bistro del Mar and the Gastronomic Portitxol Restaurant, with their organic Mediterranean cuisine, surpass the expectations of the most exacting gourmets.
Green Events & Meetings: Hostal Empúries also offers unique services and function rooms for organizing special events such as weddings and family celebrations, business meetings, product presentations and forums. The unique setting breathes new life into every event.
Spa: Enjoy a wide choice of natural therapies, free yoga classes for clients and bicycles to ride freely along the path which passes in front of the Hostal.
Bicycles and boats can be rented.
The hotel also has a library and lounge with a fireplace and books.
Pets are allowed by previous arrnagement in the rooms with terraces. They cannot admit puppies or potentially dangerous animals.
Hostal Empúries's Green Ecological Initiatives:
- Food and vegetable waste: through the use of compost heaps on site the organic matter from the kitchen as well as the garden rubbish make compost for their own garden and allotment.
- Materials made from natural fibers: they use materials such as black cork held together with natural resins (suberina), wood from FSC certificated forestry and bamboo (wood with a rapid growth cycle) in structures such as roof insulation, carpentry and flooring. These materials are used in such a way that they can be easily removed and eventually composted or recycled, keeping carbons within the product cycle.
- Hydrosphere (water cycle): Grey and rain waters which are re-usable are saved for watering plants and refilling cisterns. The average use per person per day in hotel establishments stands at 300 - 400 litres/person/day. This may be reduced to 127 l/p/d through the installation of water flow regulators in taps, showers, toilets and cisterns etc. The gardens with plants typical of the region protect the ground from winds and ensure that water remains a life giving force not an agent of destruction.
- Light concrete blocks (Ytong): used for the surrounding buildings. A totally organic material and highly insulating against cold as well as sound.
- Paints, glues and sealers: To achieve the highest quality air indoors, which not only helps the health of the occupants but also requires less electronic ventilation, they have mainly used paints, glues and sealers with the lowest possible content of volatile organic substances, and with no formaldehyde or urea-formaldehyde, and controlled contents of heavy metals. - PVC free building.
- Curtains, furnishings, interior design: here they have followed the same criteria proposed by Cradle to Cradle.
- Solar power: Through passive strategies such as natural ventilation, the positioning of buildings and green roofs they have managed to reduce demand. They also achieve maximum efficiency in the active systems through the use of solar panels, LED lighting and certificated Green Power, among many others.
Solidarity: For every Euro donated by a client, the Hostal donates the same amount to developing a cultural centre in the city of Koudougou in Burkina Faso. Actively participate in making the world a better place by contributing so 150 children can be schooled and brought under a complete health and nutrition programme. Burkina Faso is among the 5 poorest countries in the world and has one of the highest levels of infant mortality and illiteracy on the continent.
Number of rooms: 55
Period of closure: January, February.
Languages spoken: Spanish, English, French.Smoking policy: Under Spanish law, smoking is forbidden inside hotels and restaurants.
Credit cards accepted: All major credit cards.
Restaurant closed: January, February.
GPS Coordinates: 42° 7' 53.79'' N 3° 7' 18.39'' E
Nearest airport: Girona - 40 mn.
Selected hotel Other hotels in the areaThis map shows the exact location of Hostal Spa Empúries
|About Us|||||Your Opinion|||||Newsletter|||||Join Our Guide||Recommend this page|||||Legal information|||||Site Map|