SELECT A BOUTIQUE HOTEL
RESERVE THIS HOTEL
TREE OF DESTINATIONS
Chateau de la Barre, Loire Valley
|72120, Conflans-sur-Anille, Sarthe, Loire Valley, FRANCE.|
Description: Chateau de la BarreChateau de la Barre offers a top notch mixture of gracious hospitality, joie de vivre, and true elegance, less than 2 hours from Paris. A warm, international welcome is extended by Count & Countess Guy and Marnie de Vanssay, 20th generation living in this still privately owned chateau, where guests experience the XIVth-XIXth century heritage combined with understated luxury and full XXIst century modern comfort.
The château itself has its own family chapel and is surrounded by XVIth century fortifications, at the foot of which lies a romantic fragrant garden opening up onto a 100 acre private park with meadows, a pond, a river and a small forest beyond.
Guy and Marnie de Vanssay will be completely special attractions such as: a balloon flight over the Loire Valley, race car driving on the legendary 24 Hours Le Mans track, discovering the famous castles but also private chateaux and gardens, visiting wineries, farmer's markets, and gourmet restaurants. Transfer arrangements (private chauffeur pick up and/or sightseeing tours, cabriolet rental car, etc.) can easily be arranged.
Type of rooms: Chateau de la BarreIn the four reception rooms as well as in the 5 bedrooms and suites, important XVIIIth century antiques are brought to life by luscious designer fabrics reflecting the warm hospitality and joie de vivre prevalent throughout.
All the bedrooms (4 double rooms, 1 twin room, 1 single room, and one suite of two adjoining bedrooms) are en suite with every modern comfort (plush mattresses with embroidered linen, state of the art renovated bathrooms and wifi throughout) and offer splendid views out over the vast garden, the pond and the valley beyond.
Additional information: Chateau de la Barre
- VIP welcome drink and daily afternoon tea served in the elegant Salon Rose drawing room by the majestic fireplace or on the terrace overlooking the garden and park.
- Guy and Marnie de Vanssay enjoy sharing hidden gems of their region and the Loire with their guests, assisting them in setting up a sightseeing programme to match their individual interests and schedule, including restaurant reservations, activities, transfer arrangements etc.
- Dining experiences : Château de la Barre
- Twice a week, (upon prior reservation and with a minimum of 4 participants) a Grand Siècle Dinner is hosted in the XVIIth century dining room. Priced at 125 euros per person, including champagne cocktail, two different wines, a four course dinner, coffee and brandy. This event is hosted by Comte and Comtesse de Vanssay in person, in the prestigious XVIIth century dining room, with all the family silver and crystal.
- On other nights, it is possible to have a supper served in the XIVth century billiard room or the small impressionist dining room (45 - 65 euros per person, depending on number of courses.
Luxury picnics can be pre-ordered to enjoy in the garden.
- A wine tasting evening can also be arranged in the XIVth century piece à feu by the monumental fireplace, or follow Guy and Marnie de Vanssay's advice to discover some of the small gourmet restaurants of their region.
- Activities : Château de la Barre
During the day, simply relax in the elegance and warmth of this exquisite French château, or venture out with sightseeing maps and suggestions from your hosts to explore the untouched countryside, medieval villages, the Plantagenet City of Le Mans, soon to be classified UNESCO heritage site, and the already famous castles nearby and further beyond.
Biking : For the more energetic, cross-country biking along the nearby roads and paths deep in Perche Country is a real joy. Cycles and maps are available at the château.
Riding : A high quality riding stable is located 10 km from the château.
Golf :There are 3 challenging golf courses within 40 minutes of the château and a 10% discount on green fees for Chateau de la Barre guests.
Tennis: There is a tennis court within a mile away, just 1.6 km.
Kayaking : two nearby rivers offer a picturesque and not overly challenging venue for kayaking with 3 to 6 hours rentals
Intriguing Extras (prior reservation necessary):
- Partake in a Renaissance lunch in Leonardo da Vinci's home (June 1st until September 30th. 40 euros per person)
- Vintage wine tasting in a X century Loire Valley cellar etc.
- Special Foie Gras or Saffran cooking classes
- Drive your dream classic cabriolet across untouched French countryside or race a Porsche around the famous Le Mans race track
- Hot air balloon flights depart directly from the château mornings and evenings, weather permitting and prior reservation required.
- Shiatsu, hot stones and reflexology massages possible upon prior reservation, in the peace and quiet of your elegant room (190 euros for 2 people, 1 hour each)
Exclusive Rental: The entire château can be privatized for exclusive house parties, New Year, Easter, anniversaries, small, elegant weddings etc, with tailor made events around your visit, such as luncheons in private neighboring châteaux unopened to the public
Transportation: The nearest airport is Tours, a 1hr. drive. Paris airport is at 140 mi. or 225.31 km. distance. Alternatively, there is a high speed train from Paris to Vendome, which is just a 25 minute drive from the château.
Private luxury chauffeur service and transfers available at an extra cost.
Helicopter landing is also possible, on the Chateau terrace.
Children: Most children under 8 years old may not be ?chateau friendly? enough for this venue, and all children are at all times under entire parental responsibility due to the valuable antiques, the peaceful setting which all wish to enjoy and the XVIth century fortification walls.
All costs, prices, and policies, including exchange rates, package deals, and cancellation policy may change and should be confirmed with the hotel upon booking.
Number of rooms: 9
Year of establishment and/or latest refurbishment: 1404/2005.
Period of closure: Jan.12 - Feb.12.
Languages spoken: French, English, German, Italian.Smoking policy: Smoking not permitted in the Château by French law.
Credit cards accepted: Mastercard, Visa.
Restaurant closed: The Grand Siècle dinner, upon prior reservation and min 4 participants, and is priced at 95 euros per person, including champagne cocktail, two different wines, a four course dinner, coffee and brandy, and hosted by Comte and Comtesse de Vanssay in person. in the prestigious XVIIth century dining room On other nights, it is possible to have a supper served in the XIVth century billiard room or the small dining room (45 - 65 euros per person, depending on number of courses) or a light supper (29 euros per person, cheese and salad).
Luxury picnics can be pre ordered to enjoy in the garden.
How to get here: GPS Coordinates: 47° 56' 54.7404'' N 0° 44' 56.1732'' W
GPS Coordinates: 47° 56' 54.74'' N 0° 44' 56.17'' W
Nearest airport: Tours - 1 hr.
Selected hotel Other hotels in the areaThis map shows the exact location of Chateau de la Barre
|About Us|||||Your Opinion|||||Newsletter|||||Join Our Guide||Recommend this page|||||Legal information|||||Site Map|