La Minervetta, Sorrento Coast
|Via Capo, 25, Sorrento, 80067, Sorrento Coast, Naples, Campania, ITALY.|
Description: La MinervettaLa Minervetta, originally a restaurant built in the 1950's by Don Giovanni Cacace, sits in a very unique position; on the seacliff overlooking Marina Grande, just minutes away from the centre of Sorrento. Thanks to the breathtaking views and the fine cuisine it soon became one of the most prestigious restaurants on the peninsula and was enlarged and transformed into a small and intimate hotel in the 1970's.
In 2003, Signora Adda Cacace and her son Marco, an interior decorator and scenographer, decided to remodel and restore the hotel to its former glory. The hotel opened in the spring of 2005 with a large lounge area, dining room and kitchen accessible to the guests, opening onto an exclusive terrace with spectacular views.
La Minervetta offers all the comforts of being in a private home. With 12 Mediterranean style rooms and windows gazing down onto Marina Grande, guests will truly enjoy experiencing the daily life of an antique fisherman's village. The Maison's style is modern, with warm touches of ethnic objects, libraries filled with picture books, architectural and design journals, and many vintage pieces. The hotel offers a comfortable, yet luxurious, special setting for its guests.
Type of rooms: La Minervetta1 Junior Suite with two sea view balconies, 40 sq. mt., 1 queen size double bed, 1 hydro-massage shower.
4 Superior Rooms with sea view, wall to wall windows, min.35 sq.mt., 1 queen size bed.
7 Deluxe Rooms with sea view, large windows, avg. 30 sq.mt., 1 queen size bed or 2 twin beds. This is the only room with two beds.
2 sets of adjoining rooms available upon request.
Total of 24 guests maximum, 2 per room.
Additional information: La Minervetta
Services: transfer to and from all destinations, excursions, guided tours, car, scooter and boat rental, reservations for restaurants, sporting activities, laundry service, private beach, baby sitter service, massage and beauty treatments to be paid separately and not included in the room rates.
Activities and other unique comforts include:
- Private stairs connecting directly to the old fisherman's village, and all the restaurants and beaches down there.
- Solarium and relaxing space with no one and no other properties within 50 mt, a terrific view of the sea, surrounded by mediterrean plants and vegetation. Ideal for reading.
- Giant Jacuzzi with 8 hydromassage spots inside (cold water).
- Reservations for the private beach, La Tonnarella, located just 200 metres from the hotel.
- Just 500 metres from the town centre where you will find many shops, restaurants, the post office, pharmacy and access to the historical centre. Within the historical centre one can enjoy the typical shops where souvenirs, "Limoncello", and inlaid wood works are sold. Guests might visit the Museum of Tarsia Sorrentina to experience the history of Sorrentine inlaid woodworks. Nearby you can visit the Church of San Francesco, known for its medieval cloister, the public gardens in Villa Comunale, and not far from the town square, Piazza Tasso, is the Correale Museum, which offers one of the most renowned gouache Neapolitan collections.
- The port is just a 5 minute walk from the town centre, where hydrofoils and ferries depart all day long for Capri, Procida, Ischia, and Naples.
- The train and bus station are also minutes away from town centre, with regular departures for the Amalfi Coast, Pompei, Vesuvius, Naples, and Vietri (a small seaside village famous for hand-painted ceramics and tiles like the ones found in the Maison)
- Parking: Service for reserved parking is available in the port Marina Grande, where guests may enjoy a nice seafood meal on the water (parking there is normally prohibited). Service for reserved parking is also available in the port Marina Piccola, where guests are supposed to take hydrofoils to Capri, Ischia, Positano, etc. This is an exclusive service that the Maison provides.
- Nearby: diving, tennis, private beach.
From the 1st Nov 2011 our guests can enjoy the WI-FI connection FOR FREE all year long.
ONLY DURING THE HIGH SEASON OF EVERY YEAR, rates ALSO INCLUDE: private parking on site, English buffet breakfast, WI-FI connection, taxes and service, lap pool facilities and private access to Marina Grande fishermen village.
Number of rooms: 12
Official category: 4 stars.
Year of establishment and/or latest refurbishment: 1950's/2005.
Period of closure: Jan.07 - 24, 2013.
Languages spoken: Italian, English, French, German.Smoking policy: smoking outside only.
Credit cards accepted: American Express, Visa, Si, Mastercard, Diners, JCB.
Restaurant closed: continental buffet breakfast from 08.00 am. to 10.30 am.
How to get here:
BY CAR - coming from north: follow the directions to Naples. When you reach Caserta Sud, follow to A3-SALERNO/REGGIO CALABRIA - PENISOLA SORRENTINA. Exit at Castellammare di Stabia and follow to the panoramic SS 145 (for about 23 Km).
BY TRAIN - the nearest railway station is Naples. When you reach the station you can take the local train, called Circumvesuviana to Sorrento (the right stop is the last one). From here you can take a taxi in front of the exit or you can call the hotel and a car will come to take you in 10 minutes.
BY PLANE: the nearest airport is Naples Capodichino. From here, take the local bus line "Curreri" to Sorrento-Penisola Sorrentina. The right stop is the last one: Sorrento Piazza Tasso and then take a taxi to the hotel.
BY BOAT: from Naples "Molo Beverello", take the hydrofoil to Sorrento and then a taxi to the hotel.
GPS Coordinates: 40° 37' 37.90'' N 14° 21' 51.33'' E
Nearest airport: Naples Capodichino