SELECT A BOUTIQUE HOTEL
RESERVE THIS HOTEL
TREE OF DESTINATIONS
Devi Garh, Rajasthan
|Delwara, NH-8, 313202, Eklingji, Udaipur, Rajasthan, INDIA.|
Description: Devi GarhTucked away in the age-old Aravali hills of Rajasthan, the 18th century Devi Garh Fort Palace, in the village of Delwara commands one of the three main passes into the valley of Udaipur. Sajja Singh, who hailed from the neighbouring state of Gujarat, was awarded this strategically significant principality, in recognition of his bravery and loyalty to Maharana Pratap against the Mughal emperor Akbar, at the battle of Haldighati (1576).
The actual construction of the fort palace started only in the 1760s, under Raghudev Singh II, with further additions being made to the structure by the rulers who followed. The palace was absorbed into the state of Rajasthan in the 1960s, and was subsequently abandoned.
Today, after years of restoration and reconstruction, Devi Garh has regained its past glory. An imposing and impressive structure, it is now a unique all-suite boutique hotel, with 23 suites and 6 tents.
Devi Garh stands, quite literally, in two worlds: the traditional and the modern. Its ambience is an eclectic mix of skillfully crafted designs, both old and new, functional and purely aesthetic. Local materials like marble and semi-precious stones have been used in contemporary designs to create an elegant beauty. Personalized service complemented by a wide range of modern facilities goes towards making Devi Garh a comfortable and attractive retreat.
Type of rooms: Devi Garh17 Garden Suites
16 Palace Suites
5 Aravali Suites
1 Devi Garh Suite
Additional information: Devi Garh
Fitness center, Bicycle trips, Steam center, Horse riding, Heated marble Swimming pool and Jacuzzi, Kite flying, Beauty parlour, Camel safaris, Yoga and meditation, Trekking, Ayurvedic massages, Astrologer, Pool Table, Croquet greens, Shopping Arcade, Star gazing.
A shuttle to the airport can be arranged. Although there are no disabled facilities, the staff is very willing to accomodate any guest who may need help with stairs etc.
Number of rooms: 39
Official category: 5 stars Deluxe Luxury Resort, Heritage Hotel.
Year of establishment and/or latest refurbishment: 1753/2000.
Period of closure: Open all year.
Languages spoken: Hindi, English.Smoking policy: No preferences.
Credit cards accepted: All major credit cards.
Restaurant closed: Open all year.
GPS Coordinates: 24° 46' 20.31'' N 73° 44' 59.57'' E
Nearest airport: Udaipur - 26 Km
Rates: Devi Garh
|Low Season||High Season||Taxes||Service charge|
|Garden Suite||18500||22500||not incl.||incl.|
|Palace Suite||28500||36500||not incl.||incl.|
|Aravali Suite||38500||46500||not incl.||incl.|
|Devi Garh Suite||58500||66500||not incl.||incl.|
|Breakfast per person||650||incl.|
|Description of seasons|
|Low Season: Apr.1 to Sep.30.
High Season Oct.1 to Mar.31.
Tents are only available from Oct.15 to Apr.14.
All taxes and rates are subject to change without notice and should be confirmed at booking.
|Rates valid till (d/m/y)|
|Booking and cancellation policy|
|All costs, prices, and policies, including exchange rates and package deals, may change and should be confirmed with the hotel upon booking.
FIT = Full Individual Tariff:
1. Full Payment (by Demand Draft / Cheque / Cash / Credit Card) for FlTs must reach the Hotel 30 days prior to the arrival & for the reservations made within 30 days of arrival date. The same must reach the Hotel within 02 working' days of booking, failing which, the reservation will be waitlisted without any further intimation.
2. For all reservations made for the same day arrival or walk-ins, full advance payment (Demand Draft / Cash / Credit Card) shall reach the hotel before the check out of the Guest failing which the Guest will be charged directly.
3. It is the Hotel Management's discretion to offer cut off dates for confirmation against payment for any sold out dates / peak period, failing which the reservation will be waitlisted without any further intimation.
4. Cancellation of a guaranteed reservation between 30 days to 10 days of the arrival date will incur retention charges equivalent to 50% of total room night's rent. Cancellation of a guaranteed reservation less than 10 days prior to arrival, 100% retention charges equivalent to total room night's rent booked will be charged.
5. In case of early departure, retention equivalent to balance room nights will be levied. Incase of NO SHOW, 100% retention equivalent to total room nights booked will be charged.
6. Any amendments of dates for a guaranteed reservation within 30 days may invite retention as per the point 4 of the FIT policy.
7. Any cancellation / amendment for a confirmed booking during the peak period (21 December 2009 to 5 January 2010), full retention (with mandatory meal supplements for 24 & 31 December 2009) will be charged.
8. No check out will be entertained on the 24 and 31st December 2009.
- Fort Bougunvillea
- Fort Exterior
- Aravali Suite Bedroom
- Devi Garh Suite Sitting Room
- Garden Suite Bedroom
- Garden Suite Sit Out Area
- Palace Suite
- Palace Suite Living Room
- Palace Suite Bed Room
- Dining Venue
- Roof top
- Main Pool
- Sunset Pool
- Black Pool
- Private Jacuzzi
- Spa Cabana
Selected hotel Other hotels in the areaThis map shows the exact location of Devi Garh
|About Us|||||Your Opinion|||||Newsletter|||||Join Our Guide||Recommend this page|||||Legal information|||||Site Map|